Sleep on a train!
Experience a weekend in sunny San Diego
on a vintage 1950 Pullman Sleeper car
Would you like something truly different and unique to do over a weekend? How about travelling back in time to ride a 1950 Pullman Sleeper from Los Angeles to San Diego, then using your historic Pullman room as your hotel for the weekend? It will be parked right in front of the San Diego Amtrak station, in the heart of downtown, close to everything.
Our Journey Begins
Wave to the crowd along miles of open oceanfront from your private rail car.
Arriving in San Diego
Enjoy your great weekend in San Diego.
Enjoy your day in San Diego. Visit Sea World, Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, or shop downtown or at nearby Horton Plaza or Seaport Village. Here are some great things to do while in San Diego:
- USS Midway Museum (2 blocks away)
- San Diego Zoo in Balboa Park (short bus ride)
- Balboa Park museums – Air and Space, Natural History, Museum of Art, Automotive Museum, Fleet Science Center, Museum of Man
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum, also in Balboa Park
- Old Town San Diego
- Qualcomm Stadium and Petco Park, when games are in town
- Boat rides to Coronado
- Sea World
San Diego has a fantastic transportation system to get you almost anywhere without renting a car. A bus and trolley day pass is $5 or $9 for the weekend.
There are many excellent restaurants just a short walk from the station. :
- Little Italy has dozens of fine Italian and other restaurants. Try Filippi’s Pizza Grotto but expect lines at peak hours.
- The Gaslamp District includes a wide variety of restaurants and nightclubs
- The Fish Market Restaurant is three blocks away next to the Midway
- Karl Strauss Restaurant and Brewery is two blocks away.
- Roy’s San Diego Waterfront and several others in the Seaport Village area
- Old Town is a short trolley ride and has over 20 additional choices.
When you get back, your bed will be turned down for you, ready for a good night’s sleep aboard a vintage Pullman car—a truly unique experience!
Heading back home
Around 5:30 pm the Amtrak Surfliner will show up and couple into the Pacific Sands as we prepare for the return trip.
With our vestibule now facing rearward, you can enjoy a view of the tracks and evening scenery on the way back. We will also serve a dessert or snack for your trip back to finish a great weekend of sun and nostalgic rails.
Gallery of San Diego images.
Don’t miss this great trip. Book now!
(877-452-7245) for reservations and information.
|May 27 – 28, 2017||Book now — few seats left|
|July 15 – 16, 2017||Book now — few seats left|
|Sept 2 – 3, 2017||Book now — few seats left|
|Oct 28 – 29, 2017||Book now|
|Dec 2 – 3, 2017||Book now|
Price per person (single roomette or shared double bedroom).
Have your own group? Book the entire car for your private party (up to 20 people) for $4,200. Call for details and available weekends.
Cancellation policy: More than 30 days from the trip, 100% refundable or changable. Within 30 days it is not refundable or changeable, unless we have another passenger to occupy your space. If so, you will be refunded 100% or the amount the seat was sold, whichever is less.